alertpay

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Puzzle, Short Film, Review And Interview


We all pretty much know what is supposed to be in our home. When we find something that doesn't fit, we start thinking about the different possibilities of how that piece got there. When more pieces start to show up, maybe it is more than a coincidence.

I saw Puzzle at the 2019 FilmQuest film festival (website). It won for Best Micro Short.

Puzzle is a wonderfully crafted short film. In just a few minutes Vincenzo Aiello shows the story written by Damien Mazza with a stunning impact. Not much more can be said without describing too much of what they were able to bring together with their star of the piece, Marie Wyler.

Synopsis: A young woman finds a strange piece of puzzle in her apartment.

Vincenzo Aiello was kind enough to share some insights to the inspiration for Puzzle, for him going into film making and a little more about himself.

What was the inspiration for Puzzle?

When Damien Mazza (screenwriter) came to me with this idea of a woman trapped in his apartment doing a strange puzzle, I thought about my childhood. Actually, when I was a child, I used to go on vacation in Sicily with my family. I'm originally from a little town there and when we were there, we were staying in a house almost in the middle of nowhere. In my room, during the night, I was scared about what could watch me from outside, in the dark. I remember watching the window and hearing wild dog's shout coming from outside too.

In Puzzle, I wanted to make people feel the same kind of fear that I felt at this time.

What project(s) do you have coming up you're excited about?

I'm working on a Sci-Fi drama speaking about an android who is feeling emotions, but society denies it.

What was your early inspiration for pursuing a career in film?

Actually, for long time, I've thought that making movies was something unreachable for me. I've always be passioned about movies, since I'm child, but I've never thought that I could do it.

When I was 26, I've started a job in Swiss Red Cross. I helped teenagers. There, I've held some small movies project with them. It was like a revelation for me. Then, I started film school and everything starts from there…

What would be your dream project?

I don't really have ONE big project in my mind but I have many ideas that I want to work on.

What are some of your favorite pastimes when not working on a movie?

I'm also a boxing coach so when I have time, I like boxing.

I also travel in backpack. Doing that, I can refill my head with new ideas.

What is one of your favorite movies and why?

It's difficult to me to answer this question because I love so many movies… but if I have to pick one, I would say Rocky. Actually, I really like the way the characters are made. You can really feel that this movie was made with heart. I really like the feeling that you got in this movie and sometime, when I'm feeling a little down, I like to watch Rocky.

You can find out more about Puzzle on IMDb (link).

And, watch Puzzle on YouTube (link).

I'm working at keeping my material free of subscription charges by supplementing costs by being an Amazon Associate and having advertising appear. I earn a fee when people make purchases of qualified products from Amazon when they enter the site from a link on Guild Master Gaming and when people click on an ad. If you do either, thank you.

If you have a comment, suggestion, or critique please leave a comment here or send an email to guildmastergaming@gmail.com.

I have articles being published by others and you can find most of them on Guild Master Gaming on Facebookand Twitter(@GuildMstrGmng).

No comments: